(ASCEND) Connection Woes...

Hello,

Recently we have been having complaints that our users will get connected
stay online for x amount of minutes and then they will essentially lose
the ability to go anywhere (Win95, WinNT, Mac)    They are unable to ping
the remote gateway or their IP.  External modems show a constant CS on
the modem occassionally blinking.  IF we try to ping from the max box, no
response, but the max shows they are still connected.

The only fix is to disconnect and get a new connection.  So far it appears
that it is not a duration problem, it may happen 5 minutes or 3 minutes
into the call.

We are running 5.0p36 on the max and on the TNT 1.3p5.

It seems that it doesn't care if it is a KFLEX or v.34 connection.

Is it possible that the modem is trying to retrain the connection and is
getting locked in a constant retrain?

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Mitch Harhay