RE: (ASCEND) Some questions

> From: "Gustavo A. Barreto A." <gbarreto@colombianet.net>
> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 01:53:10 +0500 (GMT)
> Subject: (ASCEND) Some questions
>
> Hello all, I have some questions to do, if you can help me, please do it
> ;)
>
> 1. I have a MAX 4060 with 2 E1/PRI cards and 5.0ap38 Software(ebak.m40),
> and I want to enable IPX/SPX and NetBios, but I get N/A in the menus :(
> any sugestions?

>From Patti from ascend:

Revision 7 of the filename decoder ring follows. Changes from the
previous
version include:

1) Added "z" load for Manufacturing test use.
2) Added "v" feature for voice over IP functionality.

The letters appear in the filename in the order listed below.

File Type
=========
   r   Restricted load*
   f   Full extended load**

(No prefix to a filename means the load is thin.)

Manufacturing/Symbol
====================
   d    Diagnostic loads (used only by Manufacturing)
   s    Symbol files (used only by Software folks)
   z    Manufacturing test loads (MAX 6000 only)

Network Interfaces
==================
   t   T1
   e   E1
   b   ISDN BRI
   52  Switched 56 2 wire
   54  Switched 56 4 wire
   l   DSL

Features
========
   i    IP only (OSPF - no IPX, ARA)
   p    IPX only
   x    X.25
   o    Modem outdial w/ no R2 (E1 m40 loads only)
   a    Appletalk routing
   n    Nortel
   h    PHS
   c    Remote Access
   v    Voice over IP
   1    Old hardware (e.g., b1.p50)
   2    New hardware (e.g., b2.p75)
   k    56K modem support
   m    Mod-12 modem support only

Other load codes
================
   d    Diagnostic loads (used only by Manufacturing)
   s    Symbol files (used only by Software folks)

Examples
========
   tbix.m40      MAX 4000 T1, BRI, X.25, IP only
   rtx.m40       Restricted MAX 4000 T1, X.25 load
   b.p50         Pipeline 50 BRI
   bn1.p50       Pipeline 50 BRI for Nortel and old hardware
   ebixom.m40    MAX 4000 E1, BRI, IP only, X.25, modem outdial, 12 mod
   l.sds         DSLPipe - SDSL
   l.add         DSLPipe - ADSL DMT
   l.aco         DSLPipe - ADSL CAP COE
   l.acp         DSLPipe - ADSL CAP CPE
   t.p22         Pipeline 220 T1
   b1.p15        Pipeline 15
   b.p85         Pipeline 85

*  Restricted loads are loads that are truncated for compatibility with
older versions that only know how to load "thin" loads. They contain
only
enough functionality to run TLOADCODE over IP.  These loads are to be
used
as an intermediate step when an upgrade to a full extended load is
required.

** Full loads are complete extended loads that contain full
functionality.

-- Patti

> 2. I want to do accounting througt a Postgres database, anyone have any
> interface for this?
>
> 3. I have some users that connect using 2 channels and 64K, how can I
> disable this option?

ETHERNET/CONNECTIONS/(Hogging_My_Max's_Resources-User_Profile/ENCAPS/
set base ch, min ch, and max ch to 1

And try either
ETHERNET/CONNECTIONS/(Hogging_My_Max's_Resources-User_Profile/Telco/
set Data_Svc = 64K
set Force 56K = Yes

And try or
ETHERNET/CONNECTIONS/(Hogging_My_Max's_Resources-User_Profile/Telco/
set Data_Svc =56K

> Thanks in advance for all your help!

Thanks for using our product.

--
$$$/\$$$   Gordon Mackenzie
$$/  \$$   Test Department, Ascend Communications, Inc.

           "Ave, Ascend, probaturi te salutamus"