RE: (ASCEND) K56 Modem upgrades

Jim,

That's an interesting argument, but surely the situation changes when Acme
Motor Co. or there dealers made guarantees to me about the upgradabilty of
my Car V1.0 at the time of purchase.

In fact I would go as far as to say that without said guarantees I would
have bought something else, say a 'Car V5399'  You know the ones, they have
the 5000 chassis

TH

On Wednesday, January 28, 1998 6:54 AM, Jim Howard
[SMTP:jhoward@lyceum.com] wrote:
> well, I'm feeling in rare form today, so to show a point:
>
> lets say I bought "Car V1.0" from Acme Motor Co,
> they have just released new tires (Version 2.0),
> and I can upgrade my V1.0 tires to V2.0,
> but if I do I can only drive at 35 miles per hour
> because my engine doesn't have enough power.
>
> I can't really expect Acme to drive out and bring me a new car
> with a V2.0 engine just because I want new tires,
> because the V1.0 car runs just fine with V1.0 tires,
> and does everything that it was meant to do when I bought it.

Thomas Hartley
Systems Administrator - LogicWorld

http://www.logicworld.com.au
email : 	thomas@logicworld.com.au