Re: (ASCEND) way to get into MAX

At 19:29 1998/01/26 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Wilson Afonso wrote:
>> On the other hand, I've seen a very strange thing happening to a TNT...
>> user has Win95, dial-up networking configured to show him a "terminal"
>> window after connecting.  User then types in his username and password,
>> and the TNT gleefully responds with "ascend% ".  Yes, a command prompt.
>
>This strikes me as correct behavior, the MAXes do the same thing.  When
>the Ascend unit detects PPP encapsulation on the modem, then it sets up a

if authenticating via RADIUS, you can use the following:
when user Pjhoward logs in, even from a login prompt,
it goes straight to PPP mode.

#jhoward term serv login
Tjhoward	Password = "secretstuff"
	User-Service = Login-User

#jhoward for PPP
Pjhoward	Password = "mypassword"
	User-Service = Framed-User,
	Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        [more PPP config stuff here]

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D