(ASCEND) Ridiculous: AP??, Rockwell, Pools

I'm extremely incensed at the code release procedure at Ascend.

I can not believe the TNT does not have a working bug free pool
server, one of the most important functions of the box. As well,
they're behind in Rockwell modem code. And the queise<sp?> bug<s>.
>From an operations standpoint, this makes my life absolute
horror. I feel like I'm starring in Ground Hog Day, every week
cycling through the same problems as we try to make progress.

We recently update to ap24 for the latest modem code. It helped
our customers immensely as it appears that Rockwell is getting
their act together supporting standards i.e. < K56.

We were forced to back down to AP17 because of pool server leaks,
and memalloc failures. We then talked about Ap20, 22, 23 and 24
and decided that Ap17, for us, is still the most stable version.

How many times does Ascend release code only to "unsupport" it
after a few weeks?

If anyone knows what the plan for stable pool, and th *latest*
Rockwell code is, I'd appreciate some information sharing.

Regards,

--
Martin Hannigan                       hannigan@xcom.net
Sr. Network Engineer                  CO/Carrier Networks