Re: (ASCEND) Digital/Analog Dial-up

At 10:40 1998/01/27 -0500, Charlie Taylor wrote:
>I would like to support both digital and anolog dial-up users over the
>same set of 4 BRI lines (8-channels) using

>However,  BellSouth tells me I can have a hunt group on voice or data
>but not both.  It appears from the documentation for the 1800 that the

This is probably because you are on an AT&T 5ESS.
If you are indeed in Atlanta as your email address appears,
call me at the number below and I can fill you in,
but the short scoop on it is that due to a limitation
in current software for the 5E switches, a "hunt group"
can be for either voice switched calls or data, but not both,
although there are ways to work around this by using
call-forwarding/busy in addition to the hunt group.

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D