Re: (ASCEND) K56 Modem upgrades

I called Ascend on the very same problem. They said that the MAX 4000 would
be "repaired" under the RMA. In other words, I have to take their "leased"
MAX out of service for a couple of weeks. While they repair a problem that
they caused due to poor engineering. Does this make sense to anybody?

> RMA your chassis, First that box most likely doesn't have enough power
>to drive 6 KFLEX cards, You will see all types of weird anomalies, It's
>recommended that you run KFLEX DM12's on boxes 645XXX and above.
>

>Jason Nealis
>Director Internet Operations
>Network Access
>Erols Internet
>

>On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Thomas Hartley wrote:
>

>> I know this is an oldie, but I have just received my upgrade modems.
>>
>> What is the procedure to upgrade a Max 4000 from 33.6 to K56Flex ??
>>
>> I Have a Max 4000 serial # 6152419
>> Currently with 6 x 12 Modem cards @ 33.6k
>>
>> I now have 6 x 12 Modem cards @ 56k  to go into the Max, can all of
these cards be installed (I believe 5 would be the maximum)