RE: (ASCEND) Q: Status of OSPF in 5.0Ap36

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Invalid Address Catcher wrote:

> At 02:13 PM 1/23/98 -0800, Kevin A. Smith wrote:
> >At 06:56 PM 12/9/97 -0500, Dave Van Allen wrote:
> >>Oliver, unfortunately you must reboot to get OSPF running and to make
> >>most changes.  This is truly inconvenient and bad design, and no don't
> >>look for a fix anytime soon.
> >
> >I'm looking at building the case for fixing this (assuming it is possible)
> >and need to understand why it is "truly inconvenient"? How often do

 Building a case for it? Bwhahaha! It's common sense, Although it has
gotten better, I still cringe every time I have to reboot Maxen's, From
modem packs, Net-T1's disappearing etc.. The boxes are just happier
without rebooting them.

Jason Nealis
Erols Internet