(ASCEND) Re: Mixing MAXEN/PM3's

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Del Hines wrote:

> Sorry for the cross-post.  I'm needing answers pretty quickly.
>
> I have the opportunity to buy a couple of used PM3's at a good price (if I
> hurry). I currently have MAX4048's and I'm using the ascend version of
> RADIUS.  What will I have to do with RADIUS to use both brands on the same
> network?
>
> Will I need to set up and run a separate instance of RADIUS along with the
> Ascend version? If so, can I run two versions on the same server while
> using different auth ports?  Will I have to set up two different servers?
> Is there one RADIUS version that will handle both products?

AFAIK, just make sure that you have the dictionary items for the PM3, and
since you'll be running PM3s you may want to switch to RADIUS 2.0.1,
then make sure you have the dictionary items for the Ascend...You aren't
running a hacked version right?  We have folks on the portmaster-users
list that could tell you...

Note: PM3s will absolutely refuse to access a Radius server at other than
port 1646 or was it 1645 hehe...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood