Re: (ASCEND) What does this error code mean ?

At 03:59 PM 1/23/98 +0100, Thilo Wunderlich wrote:
>Cause No. 100 - Invalid information element contents [Q.850]
>This cause indicates that the equipment sending this cause has received
>and information element which it has implemented; however, one or more Gelds
>in the I.E. are coded in such a way which has not been implemented by the
>equipment sending this cause.
>
>Is it just me who does not understand this ? What are geld and I.E. ?

I.E. is information element. Geld is a stumper?

>And the Cause 16 is missing from this page.

That is normal call clearing or "hangup"

Cause Code 100 usually means that the Max or remote device has sent a valid
message to the switch, but the switch didn't understand one or more of the
elements of the message.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com