Re: (ASCEND) Quiescenting PRIs

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Him You Ten wrote:

> Hi everyone, I would like to know if anyone has gotten a way to quiescent
> B-Channels without tearing down existing active sessions.  I've used the
> Net/T1 > 1st Line = QUIESCED and the Modem Slot = dis modem + chan but those
> only busy out the B-channel at the Max level and not the Telco level.  This
> means that my incoming calls are NOT being rolled over to my other PRI the
> way I've got the TelCo to setup my PRI (mind you it took a while for the to
> get it right!).
>
> If anyone has any answers I'd appreciate it.  I've already contact tech
> support they told me the two settings I tried are mostly for out-going calls
> and they do not send a busy signal to the Telco.  I've also placed a feature
> request to prod_mgmt@ascend.com regarding this issue.  As an ISP, outgoing
> calls aren't really much use and they did market the Max 4048s as ISP
> solutions, so...

	When I need to do upgrades, I pretty much follow the same steps
as you. I start by quiescing the PRIs on the machines affected. This DOES
give an "Equipment Busy" to our carrier. Calls naturally roll over to the
next PRI that is not busy. We once had a big problem doing this
with 5.0Ap5, or 6. Calls stopped rolling over to the next PRI, I then
moved to Ap16 and never had any problems since. What code are you running?

	Regards

Cyril Jaouich [CJ837]