(ASCEND) Final comments on newsgroup proposal

I would like to thank all of you for your patience and feedback
on this topic.

Based on the responses I've received, I think there's enough
interest in the group to justify pushing forward with the RFD
in its initial form -- a new newsgroup, completely separate
from the mailing list.

I'll be writing up the first RFD for the proposed group and
submitting it soon; when it's done, there should be an announcement
on this list when the RFD is posted, at which time all discussion
should take place on the news.groups newsgroup.

Once again, thanks to all who have patiently allowed this topic
to be discussed.  I will be reading the list avidly in the future
and hope to able to contribute in a more tangibly useful manner
soon. :)

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin@premier1.net>
Chief Systems Administrator