Re: (ASCEND) DOV Weirdness...

At 01:30 PM 1/21/98 -0500, Jason Nealis wrote:

> I've been playing with DOV on the Ascend family for the past
>couple of weeks, Here's the situation,
>
> If I generate a Voice Call on a BRI served from the same CO as
>the PRI I'm dialing into I get this , Ton's of CRC erros and WanDisplay
>just complains of Bad Data.

>It tends to look as if bell Atlantic is doing some sort of echo
>cancellation or compression on the line, But it doesn't make sense
>due to the fact that the BRI and PRI come from the CO.

When the call hit's this MAX, does it show up as a voice call, or maybe
a 64K (i.e. wrong) call? (I use syslog to check this, but I think it
used to appear in the message windows on the MAX too?).

>Dialing through the pot's ports I get a good 46K Kflex connection.

That could still work if the sender is bit-stuffing the 8th bit, and the
receiver/modem is only reading the 7-bit data....

Kevin