Re: (ASCEND) DOV Wierdness...

At 01:30 PM 1/21/98 -0500, Jason Nealis wrote:

> I've been playing with DOV on the Ascend family for the past
>couple of weeks, Here's the situation,
>
> If I generate a Voice Call on a BRI served from the same CO as
>the PRI I'm dialing into I get this , Ton's of CRC erros and WanDisplay
>just complains of Bad Data.
>
>RBAD-8:: 2 of 2 octets
>** data lost
>RBAD-8:: 2 of 2 octets
>** data lost
>RBAD-8:: 2 of 2 octets
>** data lost
>RBAD-8:: 2 of 2 octets
>** data lost
>RBAD-8:: 2 of 2 octets
>** data lost
>
>Bad Data, But, If I go through some sort of other carrier like MCI or
>AT&T, I sync up and connect and everything works, I get a solid 112K.
>
>Configuration is solid on both the pipeline and the Max, The Max is
>doing call-routing based on the dialed number.
>
>It tends to look as if bell Atlantic is doing some sort of echo
>cancellation or compression on the line, But it doesn't make sense
>due to the fact that the BRI and PRI come from the CO.

They are switching the traffic onto a trunk which can't support your
service. If the switch was provisioned properly, you should get a reject
cause code 88. If the translation tables were provisioned correctly, you
wouldn't have a problem at all.

Call BA and tell them you are having a problem. Tell them to do a protocol
trace on your line while you place the call.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com