Re: (ASCEND) Pool summary not working, any ideas?

In article <199801201503.KAA22894@Iodine.Mlink.NET> you wrote:

>> The network address for this subnet is 194.64.165.0, the broadcast address
>> is 194.64.165.32. That leaves a total of 30 useable pool addresses, the
>                ^^31

Ups, right :)

>Do you have a static route for 194.64.165.0/27?

Nope, I was originally hoping the max would announce it via OSPF.

>To use Pool summary, you need to define the pool, and you also need to
>define the same range as a static route that goes into the reject
>interface (127.0.0.2 = rj0).

That was it, thanks a bunch for that information! The pool-summary now
works as advertized :)
BTW, I used the following static route entry. I'm just wondering, are
the  default settings (especially metric and/or preference) ok or
should they be "fine-tuned"?

90-401
 x Name=pool_1
 x Active=Yes
 x Dest=194.64.165.0/27
 x Gateway=127.0.0.2
 x Metric=8
 x Preference=100
 x Private=No
 x Ospf-Cost=1
 x ASE-type=Type1
 x ASE-tag=c0000000
 x>Third-Party=No

--
Oliver J. Albrecht <olli@allcon.net>

AllCon GmbH         Lise Meitner Str. 2        D-24941 Flensburg
EMail: allcon@allcon.net     Tel: +49 461 9992-162     Fax: -165