Re: (ASCEND) CLID Auth from different number?

On Mon, Jan 19, 1998 at 11:15:29AM -0800, Peter Lalor wrote:
> I have a situation where I cannot place a call requiring a callback based
> on CLID Auth from the number to be called back. Is it possible to somehow
> set the number to CLID Auth on seperately from the Dial Number? Perhaps
> with a second connection profile?

Isn't this exactly why you have a "Dial #" and a "Calling #" in the
profiles ? If incoming CLID matches "Calling #" the profile is identified.
If "Callback=Yes" the call is not accepted but refused and the profile
is scheduled to dial out a bit later. It dials with "Dial #" (at least
it did whenever we set this stuff up). In our part of the world the
incoming and the numbers to dial are always different so this is a
must have. If you need CLID wildcard matching you have a problem - I've
requested something like this 2 years ago and it never appeared. Thanks to
RADIUS you can have multiple CLIDs anyway so it is no longer a real
problem, but I really don't see any reason why a simple wildcard mechanism
is still not in the firmware (i.e. sth. like Calling #=*5554567?? - nobody
is speaking of full regexps here [but if you ever implement it: don't
implement it as silly as DOS does] ;).

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |