Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4048 + 5.0Ap38 oddity

Mike,

you wrote:

    I'm getting this rebooting on my Maxen (all 4000/4060 p38 load
    eik.m40), but it seems to primarily affect the boxes on the front
    of my hunt group, which is configured for "overflow" operation
    (when a PRI fills, then calls come up in the next PRI on the
    group), obviously because they take more calls. The first Max in
    the group would need rebooting every 36-48 hours.

    etc..

    On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Jason Nealis wrote:

    >  Wierd, I'm running AP38 and I haven't seen any of these resets, But,
    > users have been complaining about horrible throughput in some of the
    > sites. (Do all of your max's reboot?)
    >
    > Jason

When that version came out, I have been told by two different people in
ascend that the e1 p38 version has known problems and have been advised
not to use it. What the problems were I haven;t been told.  Since you
are in Europe, so using the e1 version, these might be problems they
warned me for. Maybe you should consiering downgrading to p36.

	jaap