Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4048 + 5.0Ap38 oddity

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Jason Nealis wrote:

>  Wierd, I'm running AP38 and I haven't seen any of these resets, But,
> users have been complaining about horrible throughput in some of the
> sites. (Do all of your max's reboot?)
>
> Jason

I'm getting this rebooting on my Maxen (all 4000/4060 p38 load eik.m40),
but it seems to primarily affect the boxes on the front of my hunt group,
which is configured for "overflow" operation (when a PRI fills, then
calls come up in the next PRI on the group), obviously because they take
more calls. The first Max in the group would need rebooting every 36-48
hours.

Are your hunt groups configured to run using a cyclic, or longest without
a call, algorithm - hence spreading your call load out over all the boxes
on that PoP?

I have asked my Telco if I can have a different hunting algorithm, but our
rep says it can't be done at the moment (Apparently they are going get a
new switch with these options on, specially for ISPs). So, I have done
some creative re-juggling of the PRIs to spread the load out better for
now. Sadly, this PoP is not in the same building as my office, so I have
to traipse over to Telehouse London if I want to do anything like that.

This problem started in p36 for me, and it has been in with TAC (both the
Euro-TAC, and now Dave Walsh) since then.

(I also get the problem where some of the circuits on a PRI do not come
back into service after a reboot, and the Telco NMC reports alarms from
the switch).

Mike