(ASCEND) Quick Question

I was thinking about something that I believe could be very useful for
ISPs all over the nation, and I'm wondering if one already exists.  Is
there any place that maintains a database of ascend max compatibility
configurations?  A huge database that people can look through, and submit
new entries into, that contains a huge list of modems, init strings that
are known to work, problems experienced with those modems when connecting
to ascend max's (lists software release and patch level), and such?  If a
customer with an AST computer, with a Zoom 14.4k is having trouble
connecting to an Ascend Max 4048 running 5.0Ap38, one could look up Zoom
or AST in the database, and see if other ascend users have any customers
that they have found good settings on how to work properly with the max's?
I believe this would be a great feature, and am considering putting
together a publically accessible database, if one isn't already around.
Let me know any suggestions, feedback, or contributions you may have.

                                   Kevin Smith
                                  Computer Cafe
                               System Administrator

WARNING: Pseudo-random quote follows:
"I went to a job interview the other day, the guy asked me if I had any
questions , I said yes, just one, if you're in a car traveling at the
speed of light and you turn your headlights on, does anything happen?

He said he couldn't answer that, I told him sorry, but I couldn't work
for him then.
		-- Steven Wright