(ASCEND) Re: 5.1Ap9 for Pipelines (features and Linux setup as well)

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998 02:39:46 GMT, sevenup@slip.net (Mark Moorcroft) wrote:

>2) I have not played with syslog yet but I wonder if there is any convenient way
>to do call screening, logging and monitoring through the P75? My Netcommander
>would pop up a window when a voice call came in showing the calling number and
>it kept a log as well.

I have since looked at syslog output via Linux/syslogd since I can't get syslogd
working under Win95. The P75 wants an IP for syslog, but since I use a dynamic
IP I can't assign one under Win95. I don't see a whole lot of useful info
provided by the P75 syslog output. It does not even pass the calling number to
the log :-(

Asside from getting Linux talking the rest of my questions from my previous post
remain unanswered :-( Thanks to Don Dykes <dykes@pobox.com> for what info he was
able to provide.

Mark Moorcroft          sevenup@slip.net        KF6NTD
     Actual home             Silicon Valley