Re: (ASCEND) Modem at Console Port of a Max/Pipeline?

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, norbert wegener wrote:

> I always live in fear when updating a remote Max or a remote Pipeline:
> Will they appear after a reboot ??
>
> It would be a good thing to attach a modem to the console port, that I
> could dial up the Max/Pipe, if it does not come up again.
> Up to now I had no suscess in realising this. Is this because of the
> wrong cables or is it just not
> possible?

One possible answer to this is to use a un*x workstation and hook the Max
to one of it's comports.  Use the other comport for a modem connection and
just tip to the Max when connected to your unix pc. ;)
--
Joseph Hickman
  Director of Network Operations / System Administration