RE: (ASCEND) Max Stacking and 5.0Ap38

I've had instances where several of my maxen that are doing OSPF and
stacking have done something similar to that.  When you telnet to them,
you get a password prompt, and after you enter a password, 1 of
3 things happens.  Either the telnet freezes, the MAX halts for a few
seconds, or both.  It clears up after a while, but afterwards I've usually
got --Data Lost-- in debug mode when I go to find out what the problems
is.  This problem eventually continues until the box is either
rebooted or reboots itself.  This has happened with both 5.0Ap16, 5.0Ap33,
but has been less frequent with 5.0Ap38.

Also, I've noticed that it isn't OSPF that's killing my boxes any more.
It really does seem to be stacking.  I've put several new maxen on area0
of my OSPF network that don't stack across chasis, and very rarely to they
experience problems.  However, my maxen that do OSPF and stacking reboot
within 2 days.

Regards,
Joe Shaw - jshaw@insync.net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services
Fortune for today: "Life may have no meaning -- or worse, it may have a meaning
of which you disapprove." Unknown.