Re: (ASCEND) Ascend BETA (WAS Re: TNT performance)

At 11:59 PM 1/11/98 -0500, Jim Howard wrote:
>At 21:48 1998/01/11 -0500, Cliff Daniel wrote:
>>On Fri, Jan 09, 1998 at 03:19:19PM -0600, ascend@digistar.com wrote:
>>| Known sites?  What has Ascend got to lose if it's released with a big
>
>>an agreement in 6.0b that stated users should not disclose any
>>information/problems what-so-ever about 6.0b but did half of them listen?
>>No.  It's in Ascend's best interest to do exactly what they are doing.
>
>If you'll recall, Ascend did not then (and still has not) given 6.0
>beta test sites any email address to send reports of problems.
>I never received any acknowlegement of the messages I sent
>to <support@ascend.com> other than "we have received your message",
>nor have they ever contacted me to
>"discuss the progress of alpha or beta testing".
>
>so I just stopped bothering, I can't trust this beta code
>for customer access boxes, so if none of my testing ever influences
>Ascend engineering, why should I continue to do it?
>
>  2. Test of Products and Reporting to Ascend. During the Test Period,
>  Tester agrees to test the Products for ease of use, [...]
>  (i) contact Ascend's Core Switching Systems Division
>  Technical Assistance Center (TAC) if Tester should experience
>  any problems with the Products, and (ii) schedule a mutually agreeable
>  weekly time during which Ascend may contact the appropriate employee of
>  Tester to discuss the progress of alpha or beta testing. [...]

First of all, I had the part about "not disclosing information" removed
from the web page. Secondly, your messages to support@ascend.com are read.
You may or may not get a response on beta issues, but they are read.

You benefit yourself and everyone else when you bring up such issues both
here and to support@ascend.com. We need feedback to make sure the new
features in the beta work properly in the general release.

Matt Holdrege		http://www.ascend.com	matt@ascend.com