Re: (ASCEND) MAX 2012: Bad X75 performance

Forwarded message:
Subject: Re: (ASCEND) MAX 2012: Bad X75 performance
To: oj@nexus.flensbone.net (Oliver J. Albrecht)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 15:03:35 +0100 (MET)

> You didn't say what kind of max you're using, I assume it's a 4000 oder
> 2000?

OK, it was a little hidden in the subject. It is a 2012

> Anyway, with those maxens and 5.0Ap36, X.75 should basically work.
> At least it does here...  We did see a few problems with earlier releases
> (Ap11 & Ap27), but Ap36 & Ap38 are OK. A few of our customers still use X.75
> and performance is good (>7Kbit/s).

That's what I want, but I tried several clients, OSes, cards/TAs ans X75
settings in the answer profile. No luck. Maximum performance is 3,5k.

> The real *problem* with X.75, and yes, we also bought the max because it
> supposedly works fine with this protocol, is not with performance.
> In Germany, a frame length of 2048 is the default setting for most ISDN TA's
> and CAPI's / port drivers. Too bad the max can't to 2048, it maxes :) out at
> 1532 due to internal protocol translations.
> This turns into a major problem when your users start uploads, thus creating
> packets the max chokes on.

I did not try uploads yet, but bad performance is on the download side.

> I think you'll be quite happy with the max, as soon as you dump X75 for
> PPP connections.

Maybe, but I wanted to give X75 a try, generally it seems to work, only I
am having performance problems. Maybe it is a configuration problem, would
you mind sending me your X75 settings?

Thanks,
  Marcus