(ASCEND) Problem: MAX-1800, with more than 7 Connections

I have two MAX-1800 which both exhibit the same problem
I have 1 device connected to the serial lan, and 6 devices connected to
the BRI's.  Everything is stable.
If I add a 7th BRI to either unit, the router works for a while, but then
the router tells me that another BRI line is unavailable,
(The status goes from D to a - or sometimes an M or even an X).
Rebooting or toggling the BRI line  sometimes solves the problem for a
few hours.
I am running  Software +5.0Ap16+.
Any suggestions

broswell@syssrc.com