Re: (ASCEND) Max and Rip-V2?

Yes, In every version of TNT code. Ascend has told me several times that
they can't reproduce the problem. I had 160 B channels of
dedicated ISDN customers on a TNT and was using RIP-2, when a connection
was established, the TNT would announce the routes(s) for the connection,
but then would never send updates. After a timeout period any machine
listening for RIP-2 would drop the route since no updates had been seen.
About 20% of the time the inital RIP-2 announcement was never made. We
tried this on 100BaseT and 10BaseT and on the shelf controller's 10BaseT
and had the same results. We assume it is a problem with Ascend's RIP-2
code. So far we had the best luck with 1.3Ap2 (no K56 support). Our
current solution is using several max 4002s and 4048s with stacking enabled.

I tried OSPF and got even worse results. So much for the TNT (it is boxed
up and ready to send back).

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Jason Nealis wrote:

>     I've been migrating our TNT's to RIP-V2 over the past couple of
> days, But now some have been loosing net-connectivity through the
> 100M port. Has anyone else seen this type of behavior?
>
> Jason
>
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++

Michael Lucking                            Traveller Information Services
Systems Administrator			   2104 West Ferry Way
Michael@Traveller.COM                      Huntsville, AL 35801
                                           205.883.4233x7015