(ASCEND) Switching Default Routes

Max 4000, 5.0Ap24 (yeah, I know, the upgrade is early next week...)

We're switching upstreams and as part of the process, we're ready to
switch to our new gateway, etc.  When I go into the Max and punch in the
new gateway as the default static route (Ethernet->Static
Rtes->Default), dial-up users loose the ability to go anywhere... they
can still get an IP address assigned, etc. but ping w/o result with the
new gateway IP in place.  I know we've got both incoming and outgoing
data there, so it's not a question of that gateway being inaccessible...
well, er, you get the idea.

Do I need to power-cycle the Max...?  Or do I have it set up incorrectly
in the first place since our dial-ups are able to trace routes through
our newer gateway regardless (yes, I know, that's more of what the
router is doing...)

Thanks in advance...

Sam R. Akhtar                Operations & Engineering
IBIS, Inc.                   k56Flex, ISDN and more!
http://www.ibisnet.net/      srakhtar@ibisnet.net
P: 813.265.0275              F: 813.265.0788