Re: (ASCEND) MAX1800 stuck BRIs

On Tue, Feb 24, 1998 at 07:39:41PM +0900, Peter Chow wrote:
> We have this problem on our Max 1800s as well (analog only).  When the
> BRI is stuck in the "r" state, there is an Answer in the "show users"
> for that channel.  I've seen instances where there is an actually session
> up and running on that, but sometimes people get ring-no-answer as well.
> This was with 5.0Ap16

We've seen this, too. And it has been a great problem, because when it
happens to a customer authenticated by CLID, the "Answer" that gets
stuck in "ringing incoming call" state seems to be individualized already.
In other words, if the customer tries to dialin further, he gets a conn
on another B, the Max decides that the profile is already up and
drops the call. Customer cannot dial in (bad) and pays for machine gun
rapid repeated autodialing (worse).

We tracked the problem back to PBXes or the telco (which, interestingly
enough, used the same switch in their office that was making the probs
labeled as a PBX in the other case) where the problematic switch/PBX loses
frames on the D-Channel. This causes the Max to get stuck in the call
establishment protocol (receives SETUP, sends CALL PROCEEDING, but the
latter seems to be dropped by the PBX/switch and the call is never cleared
from the switch). Due to a missing timer the stuck call on the Max will
stay stuck forever, and the fix (obviously) was to implement the missing
timer.

We were under the impression that this was finally fixed in some 5.0Ap20+
release.

> According the the 5.0Ap42 release notes, this was TR1773, which was
> supposed to be fixed in 5.0Ap23.  But when we upgrade to Ap42, we were
> getting reboot problems, so the "r" problem is on the back burner for
> now until we find a stable version.  Backed down to Ap38 to see what
> happens.

Could be a reintroduced bug in p42. Or eventually p38. I seem to remember
that we had one r-incidence on a 1800 running p38...

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |