RE: (ASCEND) Stacking with Cat1900

On 27 Apr 98 at 12:04, Larry Rosenman-CyberRamp Syst wrote:

> I've got an 8 Max Stack running on a 1900, no problems.
>
> I have a 29 Max Stack running on a Cat5000, and MAY be running into
> issues (I'm working with support on them), but the switch IS NOT THE
> ISSUE, just the number of Chassis.
>
> Larry Rosenman

Yep, I'll agree with Larry, I've got a 2x Max4000 stack running
across a Cat 1900 (which actually replaced a 3Com SuperStack II,
incidentally). No problems here whatsoever. Downloading 14 K/sec
right now with my Pipeline 50 test rig, one channel to each box.

Having just swapped a 3Com for the Cat 1900, I was a bit worried when
I read your email!

Naturally, the bigger your stack gets the more likely you will hit
problems.

Mike
--
Mike Hughes - Network Services         mike@dircon.net