Re: (ASCEND) Interesting Problem

> On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Tyler Myers wrote:
>
>   : I'v gota customer that is able to connect, get authenticated, and get an
>   : IP.  Once on-line they have no problems accessing things on our network.
>   : When they try to access anything outside our network nada.  They can't
>   : ping anything outside our network and I can't ping them from anywhere
>   : outside either.
>   :
>
> I know this will sound ridiculous, but to me it is typical buggy win95.
> We had a customer with the same problem and we tried everything including
> reinstalling TCP/IP and the modem drivers.  Nothing we tried worked until
> we deleted their Temporary Internet files from IE.  Then everything was
> cured immediately....

This isn't it because I'm having the same problem with Mac users as
well. People dial in and authenticate, can hit anything that isn't the
default route for the Max they're on (get out onto the ethernet, or go
down any T1's connected to the box, as long as it's not the default
route). I can even traceroute from the Max out the default route, all
other routes go down the default route, but dialup users do not. I've
toyed with proxy arp in various states (what's the diff between Active
and Always anyways?) and still no go.

Trouble ticket 208016
running 6.0 tbi (getting ready to upgrade to 6.0.4 just in case it's
fixed)

Scott Kozicki
BlueStar Communications
--
"If you don't get this message, please let me know
   and I will send you another one."