Re: (ASCEND) status of v.90

> On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Jim Howard wrote:
>
> > >What kind of luck has anyone had who has tried the v.90 code available for
> > >the Max 4000?  Based upon 6.0.2 i'm concerned about its reliability.
> >
> > unfortunately we technically can't tell you.

Every time someone asks about the V.90 beta code, it seems like the
response is frequently akin to "I could tell ya but I promised not to
tell... I know something you don't know -- naa naa ni naa naa... I've got
a secret... naa naa ni naa naa..."

Please, V.90 Beta ppl... don't line up and shoot me -- just kidding...