Re: (ASCEND) ISDN TAs compatible with Ascend MAX?

At 00:14 1998/04/23 GMT, Frank Suraci wrote:
>We are trying to configure a part of our network to have our MAX place
>a dual channel bonded sync PPP (MPPP?) to an external ISDN TA that
>does sync PPP to async translation.

>have tried Zyxel Omni 128, Moto BitSurfer Pro and Adtran ISU Express.

I used to have a TA128, and would have recommended that
except you say you've already tried it...

only thing I could suggest for getting the OMNI to work
would be disable authentication conversion
        ATS118.3=1
and enable BACP (or get a hunt group on that BRI)
        ATBP1

I'll admit I have not tried MP answering, but
the manual for the OMNI seems to say that it can do MP on answer:
(from p22)

Digital Data
[...] Once the TA128 answers a call, it will examine the
incoming data to determine which protocol to use, and automatically
switch to this mode. The TA128 is able to auto-switch for PPP,
MPPP, V.120, X.75, V.110, and above protocols over the speech
channel. In most cases, you can rely on the auto-switching feature for
your applications. If you need more specific settings for answering
calls, refer to the section entitled "Answering a Call using MSN"
found later in this chapter.

----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D