Re: (ASCEND) RADIUS with MAX400 and /etc/passwd

On Wed, Apr 22, 1998 at 12:49:22PM -0300, Mauricio Teixeira wrote:
> Folks,

Its showtime ;)

> 	Is it possible to use the ascend-modified RADIUS version
> authenticating with the Linux default password file, instead of the users
> file on /etc/raddb?
>
> 	If it is possible, please, tell me how.

As documented, just use Password="UNIX". Either in individual profiles
or in the DEFAULT profile, resulting in a catch-all. But be sure to not
allow the Max to do CHAP authentication then. CHAP and UNIX passwords
are incompatible (for real technical reasons, not due to some bug).

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck  (ABPSoft)   AB10-RIPE   XLink PoP Dresden | o |