Re: (ASCEND) Multilink using BSDI3.0

At 15:40 1998/04/20 +0800, Vinh NGO wrote:
>Any one successfully using MPP to connect BSDI3.0 to ASCEND MAX4000 ?

Yes, I was using it at one point to bundle two ISDN B channels
using a TA which had two serial ports, and most recently,
I built an "emergency" router for a customer who's T1 was down
using BSD/OS 3.0 and four analog modems.

>I noticed only one of the link is being used at a time.

>Ppap:\
>        :immediate:\
>        :idle-timeout=0:\
>        :multilink:\
>        :ed-local:\
>        :phone-number=ISPPHONE:\
>        :s0=\r:e0=ogin:f0=\r:\
>        :s1=vninfo\r:e1=word:\
>        :pap-peerid=MYLOGIN:\
>        :pap-passwd=MYPASSWORD:\
>        :tc=Dialout:

try adding
        :next-idle:\

also, I'm not sure if MP will work properly on both ends when using
a term server style login. (but I've never verified this)
if it still doesn't work, try removing this line:
>        :s1=vninfo\r:e1=word:\

this will wait until the Max sends you a login prompt,
then begin PPP with PAP auth.

if there is no other traffic on the link, and you start a ping to the
remote side, you _will_ see only one link used at a time because
the ICMP packets are sent "whole" over one link, instead of fragmenting.

once you start pushing some real data,
you'll see the lights on all the modems busy...

-Jim H

----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D