Re: (ASCEND) analog connection using pipe75

> I have a pipe75 and am trying to connect a phone to the analog line.
>
> It has no dialtone.
> Cause Code 57 - "Bearer capability not presently available" pops up
> during a self-test.  No where in Ascend documents is this explained.

Bearer capability not available (code 65) means that the phone network
cannot establish a clear channel 64K connection end to end. I just
encountered the problem a few days ago and it was due to some
unconfigured trunks.

But I have cause code 57 as "Bearer capability not authorized". I
assume that means it is available for your line is not configured to
allow it.

You might try other Data Svc values. Perhaps 56K will work, or Voice.

-Phil