(ASCEND) Pipeline50 upgrade problem (from 5.1A to 6.0.2)

	Hello all,

	Something is very odd -- and I don't think I am on crack. I am
trying to upgrade my pipeline 50 to 6.0.2 firmware. It is running 5.1A
right now. I can't do tftp upgrade (ohh.. how I wish I could) since this
is an older model. I am left only with a 1K Xmodem serial port upgrade.
However, when I try to do so, I get "Transfer canceled by remote system".
I tried to upgrade my hyperterm -- no luck. Used different software
-- still no luck. And I won't get into troubles of trying to do so with
"cu" or "tip" on my FreeBSD box. *sigh* The image I am pushing to the
pipe50 is b2.p75 since according to ascend: b2.p75   Pipeline 50/75
BRI w/o slide switch. I tried other images and got the same error. Maybe
firmware 5.1A has problem with Xmodem transfer: I do get CKCKC...
character, but when I try to send file I get the above mentioned error. I
looked all over Ascend's web site, FAQ and this mailing list's archives.
If anyone has any clue, I'd really appreciate them. Thanks,

-- Yan

Jan Koum                  jkb@best.com |  "Turn up the lights; I don't want
www.FreeBSD.org -- The Power to Serve  |   to go home in the dark."

P.S. - If it is problem with 5.1A not been able to understand Xmodem, then
how can I erase 5.1A completely? In the docs I found it talked about newer
pipe50 with the jumper one can use to reset the router (and mine doesn't
have that mentioned jumper).