Re: (ASCEND) Urgent TNT problem

 Most likely you haven't seen the problem because your not fully loading
up your boxes, See, in the ISP world we have no money and have to squeeze
out every available port we can get for the buck, so we LOAD THEM UP with
PRI's and watch them. I'm 100% postive it's a load issue. But what's weird
is when the box is exhibiting the problem, everything looks good from
the inside, It's as if eth0 was renamed /dev/null.

 I've emailed my TAC support about this on Sunday, but I haven't recieved
a response yet as to what they believe the problem to be, I guess I'll
email again :(

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations / Network Access
Erols Internet

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998 Mitchell.Arnone@occ.treas.gov wrote:

> I am concerned about this report because I have two TNTs in a shelf configuration which provide all the remote access needs for an entire federal organization.  I have been running these boxes since September 97 but never experienced the outages describ
ed in this way.  I have run 1.3ap6, 1.3ap24 and now am running 2.0.  At 2.0, my TNT has been running for almost 20 days without missing a beat.  Prior to that It was running appx 14 days but I had to reboot to rebuild routing tables due to routing corrupt
ion (not caused by the TNT).

> I have each of my TNTs configured with one 4/100mb ethernet card one eight-port T-1(PRI) card, ISDN signalling and three 48-port K56flex cards.  I have a total of 11 PRI circuits distributed between the two TNTs and am load balancing using both 100mb et
hernet ports connected to separate and unique segments on a Bay Networks BCN router (both 100mb ethernet port configured as a default gateway) plus one of my 10mb ports connected to a separate segement for RADIUS authentication with a static route defined
 to route all packets destined for a specific IP address.  I am using OSPF to maintain my routing tables.  I have over 2000 remote users plus close to 18 remote LANs over ISDN (with many more on the way).  I average appx 2400 calls each day (maybe more) b
ut my high water mark for simultaneous sessions is around 90.