Re: (ASCEND) Pipelines

> I have a telecommnuting setup using ascend 50 and
> 75 routers. The 50 at work is connected to the Internet full time,
> and we are about to increase our connection to the full 128KPS with
> our ISP. I don;t want to use MP+ with the connection from home, so i
> have had an additional ISDN line installed at work, and now i need
> From what i can tell, if i got the 15 i would take the 75 to
> the office and use the 15 at home. The guy at Ascend told
> me that the 15 would have trouble connecting to the 75 and
> doing IP routing - is that true? It seems a bit strange to me.

I had a 15 at home connecting to a 75 at the office and it routed IP
and IPX just fine. I was able to use the 15 to dial one channel of
the 75, then have the 75 use the other channel to connect to the ISP.
It all worked fine. I say "worked" because I now have a 75 at home
too. The 15 will be going into another house next week, so I'll get
to relive the experience.

> Does the 15 use "Dial Up Networking" exclusively? Can the
> 75 deal with such an arrangement?

I had one DUN icon for the office, and one for the ISP directly. The
computer just treated it as a (fast) modem. With the ISDN
enhancements to DUN and DUNCE running on the computer, it was
*almost* automatic.

Danny Williams
Caldwell Trust Company
Venice, Florida   USA