Re: (ASCEND) V.90 Status? (fwd)

Once upon a time Darkshot shaped the electrons to say...
>can't find anymore 4000's. My tech support manager was at the recent
>ISPcon and the Ascend people laughed at him when he asked about the
>6000 and would not admit to its existence.

Really?  I was there and I actually had a lenghty conversation with
a couple of the folks from Ascend on the 6000.  Of course, I started
of with what amounted to "Look, I know you have this unit coming out,
and I know this, this, and this about it - oh, and I'm with BBN, one
of your largest customers - so, what else can you tell me."

Act like you already know enough and people tend to talk, walk up cold
and it is easier for them to duck.

What is really fun is when it turns out you know more about their box
then they do...

-MZ
--
<URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, author, webmaster, human being, me
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 781-788-0130