(ASCEND) MAX 1800, Cause Code 047

Hi All,
I've just replaced 2 Pipeline 400s with a MAX 1800.  Since this switch-over,
I've had problems with one B-channel.  Whenever a caller hits that channel
in the hunt group,  they get disconnected.  When  the caller dials, the
caller's B-channel status changes to "d" for about 10 seconds, then back to
"-", and the message is "No Connection, Cause Code 021," which means "call
rejected."  The corresponding MAX syslog entry looks like this:

Apr  3 18:50:16 max1800 ASCEND: slot 0 port 0, line 1, channel 2, Incoming Call,
Apr  3 18:50:17 max1800 ASCEND: slot 0 port 0, line 1, channel 2, Far End Hung U
p, Cause code 047

In the Reference Guide, Cause Code 47:  LCP closed because no NCPs were open.

However, I don't think this is a PPP issue because it's happened to several
different callers, and *only when they hit this channel*.
I've changed the cable and checked the WAN port jack, by moving that phone
number to another WAN port on the MAX, and sure enough, the problem followed
that phone number.

This line worked fine when used with the Pipeline 400.

Any  suggestions, hints?

Thanks,
Robyn