Re: (ASCEND) MAX 1800, Cause Code 047

> Apr  3 18:50:16 max1800 ASCEND: slot 0 port 0, line 1, channel 2, Incoming Call
> ,
> Apr  3 18:50:17 max1800 ASCEND: slot 0 port 0, line 1, channel 2, Far End Hung
> p, Cause code 047
>
> In the Reference Guide, Cause Code 47:  LCP closed because no NCPs were open.

That's not it. You are looking at the Ascend Disconnection reasons. The
cause codes are ISDN information, and 47 is

"Resource unavailable, unspecified"

...which is not informative.

> However, I don't think this is a PPP issue because it's happened to several
> different callers, and *only when they hit this channel*.

And the other channel on that BRI is fine? Wow!

> Any  suggestions, hints?

Do a "show isdn n" from the termserver where n is the line number where
the defective channel is plugged. Verify that there are two TEIs
assigned to the line (do this soon after the line has initialized
itself or that information may be off the top of the short log).

If only one TEI is assigned, then you may have a SPID problem?

-Phil