Re: (ASCEND) Radius

William T Wilson wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Mark Brody wrote:
>
> > I have been using a demo of Ascend's RADIUS daemon for one month. It has
> > expired and I need to find a cost effective solution. At Ascend's $3,000
> > price tag, a small company can't afford it. We are not and will not be a
>
> Try the free RADIUS based on the Livingston code.  It costs $0 and isn't
> terribly hard to set up (and works for me), but requires that you use some
> sort of UNIX implementation, so you would have to get Linux or *BSD if you
> are all-Microsoft right now.  Maybe someone could port it to NT and
> perhaps this has already been done, but I wouldn't know about it.
>
> > large ISP. Does anybody have any recommendations? Has anyone used
> > Microsoft's supposed RADIUS service?
>
> I don't trust it any more than you do. :)  Never used (or even heard) of
> it, tho.

There is a port of the livingston radius code to WinNT right on the
Livingston page. I downloaded it this past week and got it up and
running on a WinTel platform running NT 4.0sp3. I've not integrated it
with my MAX yet ... still reading ... Check out www.livingston.com ...

-BobH

rkh@iiinc.com
http://www.iiinc.com/