Re: (ASCEND) Re: Pipe 75 w/switch upgrades?

At 18:25 1999/04/20 -0500, Steve Brown wrote:
>I have a Pipe 75...older model with the switch on back.  I haven't really

>It's at 4.6C now, and I want to bring it up as far as I can.  What's the
>latest software release I can load into this box?  From what I've read,
>I'll have to load at least 3 separate code updates before I can put 5.x on it.

The latest branch to support your P75 is 6.0.X,
most of my customers are happy using 6.0.9,
but a quick check shows that 6.0.13 is the latest version.

If you do not need any voice features, AND your p75 has the POTS ports
on a removable daughter card (I'm told that some do not)
you may be able downgrade it to a P50 and use P130 software:

http://www.nexial.com/cgi-bin/ascendbody?h=3&dn=43122&fh

http://www.nexial.com/cgi-bin/ascendbody?h=3&dn=38301&fh

As always, this is not supported by Ascend, and will probably
void your waranty (if it hasn't expired anyway).
I don't claim that this will work for everyone, just that it did for me.

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D