(ASCEND) MAX TNT Disconnects vs the MAX 6000

I heard recently from a VERY large user of Ascend products that they have
opted to implement the MAX 6000 over the MAX TNT because of unacceptable
disconnect rates experienced on the TNT.

My source indicated that they get an average disconnect rate of 7% with the
MAX 6000 compared to a disconnect rate of 13% on the TNT servicing the same
users and circuits.   Obviously these disconnects are of the undesired
type.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

I am concerned because I purchased 3 TNTs in support of our 2000 remote
users.  We have seen a wide variety of disconnects of which only about 65%
are normal user disconnects.  Of the remaining 35%, some result from
improper disconnect procedures and some are due to bad phone
circuits/wiring but still, there are a lot of disconnects that occur which
I cannot provide a good answer for.

Thanks

Mitch
mitchell.arnone@occ.treas.gov