Re: (ASCEND) Re: Dead Air

> I too have experienced this problem with both Ascend Max equipment and USR
> Total Control Hubs. It seemed that calls were being directed to an
> available ds0 before the DSP was ready to accept it. This either happened
> because a caller had just disconnected from that same slot/port. I found
> it solvable by changing the call routing in the switch. Usually 'circular
> hunt' is what you are looking for.

I should think that this would make no difference to the Max. The Max
picks its modems independantly of whatever strategy the telco is using to
pick channels, as far as I know.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if the USR hardcoded each modem to a channel
(in fact I think I've observed such behaviour), the design seems braindead
enough to work that way.

-Phil