Re: (ASCEND) Dead Air?

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Jason Nealis wrote:

> Anyone out there ever experience users complaining of dead air? Basically
> you call the pop site and something picks up the phone and that about as
> far as you get?

FWIW, so far we have only experienced the problem on a TNT with 2 8-T1
cards, the one with the CT3 card does not experience the dead-air symptom.
That same box (with the T1 ports) was working "flawlessly" until we
'upgraded' to PRIs (w/ NFAS groups) a few months ago. --currently running
2.1.9 on both boxes--

We have a new box coming with a CT3 card, the telco will provision new
lines through a new DS3 and we are looking into 'upgrading' to 7.0.4. Our
'hope' is that either the telco screwed up with the NFAS provisioning,
or that the TNT has some difficulties dealing with NFAS groups when using
T1 cards....

Jorge.