Re: (ASCEND) Max 6000 - LAN security errors during heavy load

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, J. Wells wrote:

> We have a related problem with a MAX 2024, running 7.0.3 (but the problem
> has likely been there with various 6.x.x releases too)
>
> Some users, some times, get immediately disconnected after authenticating.
> Syslog shows these calls connecting, and following modem negotiation the
> RADIUS server log shows that authentication was successful. However, the
> MAX then immediately disconnects the user. Syslog then gets warning saying
> "LAN security error" for the username. A few seconds later syslog and
> RADIUS accounting record the end of the call, with the username and a
> disconnect code of 101 (invalid user) and progress code of 67. (The RADIUS
> accounting log has only a STOP record and doesn't show the username.)

In every case where I've encountered this, resetting the client's computer
and/or modem fixed it.  This particular error is in the group of raw TCP
and telnet errors, so I would suspect that it's either a corrupted TCP

> I wish I had an answer, but I don't. We've got a ticket with Ascend on
> this, and as requested sent them a wanNext trace of one such call, but
> haven't (yet?) heard back anything helpful.

Let us know.

- J-Mag Guthrie

| The only function of | Brokersys                 | Talk sense   |
| economic forcasting  | 12703 Vets Memorial, #106 | to a fool    |
| is to make astrology | Houston, TX 77014         | and he calls |
| look respectable.    | +1-281-895-8101 (voice)   | you foolish. |
|                      | +1-281-895-8109 (fax)     |              |
|  - John K. Galbraith | http://www.brokersys.com/ | - Euripides  |