Re: (ASCEND) Dead Air?

>At 09:01 PM 4/8/99 -0400, Jason Nealis wrote:
>>Anyone out there ever experience users complaining of dead air? Basically
>>you call the pop site and something picks up the phone and that about as
>>far as you get?
>
>No, but I have been getting an unusually large number of customers
>complaining about a "Computer you are dialing is not answering" message
>(even though it is actually answering).  Haven't tracked it down to
>anything specific yet, but rebooting the Max seemed to help a little at
>least.  Anyone else ever see this?

We see this from time to time (Max 4000, feik.m40, 6.0.7, one ISDN PRI, no
modems).
Some users can connect, others get erros like "...not answering", or "..busy".
When this happens, the Max also refuses telnet connections. Rebooting
solves the problem.
We are considering an upgrade to see if it helps

marc
----------
Marc Funck
Computing and Network Services
CRP Henri Tudor
6, rue Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg-Kirchberg
Luxembourg

Tel:    ++352/425991-288
Mobile: ++352/091186871
E-Mail: marc.funck@crpht.lu
Http:    not accessible for the moment

"Everyone takes the limits of his own vision for the limits of the world."
  - Arthur Schopenhauer