Re: (ASCEND) LT WinModem and 7.0.4. New Rockwell code fixes LTWinModem connection problems.

We, too, found that 7.0.4 code running on our MAX 4004 produced better results
with Lucent-chip-based modems. The down side is that it broke previously stable
v.90 legacy modem connecitons (48000bps) such as Hayes, et al such that the
maximum connect rate was 26400bps. We reported this item to this mailing list and
to Ascend (who verified the problem) a month ago. Be forewarned, code verison
7.0.4 is not fully backwards compatible with some older modems!

Kim W. Premuda
FastWave Internet Services
San Diego, CA