Original Text
From: "Joe Pautler" <pautler@grasshopper.cit.buffalo.edu>, on 3/30/99 2:48
PM:

I have a stack of (2) TNT's, running 2.1.3.

I am getting many of the typical "backoff Q full, discarding user"
messages via syslog.

However, my radius accounting server is getting and logging the
records just fine, and is also acknowledging them.  Below is
a tcpdump capture of the network traffic:

tnt200-79.dialin.buffalo.edu.1677 > diameter.cit.buffalo.edu.radacct: udp
77
diameter.cit.buffalo.edu.radacct > tnt200-79.dialin.buffalo.edu.1677: udp
20 (DF)
tnt200-79.dialin.buffalo.edu.1673 > diameter.cit.buffalo.edu.radacct: udp
77
diameter.cit.buffalo.edu.radacct > tnt200-79.dialin.buffalo.edu.1673: udp
20 (DF)
tnt200-79.dialin.buffalo.edu.1679 > diameter.cit.buffalo.edu.radacct: udp
191
diameter.cit.buffalo.edu.radacct > tnt200-79.dialin.buffalo.edu.1679: udp
20 (DF)
tnt200-79.dialin.buffalo.edu.1679 > diameter.cit.buffalo.edu.radacct: udp
91
diameter.cit.buffalo.edu.radacct > tnt200-79.dialin.buffalo.edu.1679: udp
20 (DF)

Anyone have any idea why I'm getting these syslog messages, or what
I can do to investigate further?  Is the radius server replying
(acknowledging) to the right place (originating port of the record on the
TNT)?